Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Day!!

We got the most gorgeous snow here. It started yesterday afternoon with HUGE wet flakes falling from the sky. We had a good inch or 2 by the time we went to bed last night, then woke up with upwards of 6 inches in some spots! Of course Asheville closed down. I was supposed to go into work this afternoon, but when I called to check in the vet had cancelled appointments...so I got a snow day! We live on the top of a small mountain...and this is the first time it's really snowed since we bought the house. Even though I have my all wheel drive Subie and I knew that Kyle had managed to make it down, I still wasn't thrilled at the prospect of having to brave the steep hill.
So I took the opportunity to take the dogs out and play in the snow! They had a blast! I can't tell you how much I love our property and the surrounding land. We have 3/4 acre, but are surrounding by 70 acres of hill, mountains, and farmland.











Here's Tela bounding through the snow.











Tehya, the graceful one, as always :)
















Tela, asking why I'm not throwing the ball...










Tehya pausing for a photo op.












And Tela criticizing my snowperson!

No comments:

Post a Comment