
So yesterday morning I went out and met Rebecca at the barn. The show on Saturday had inspired both of us. By the time I got to the barn Rebecca had a whole trail class set up! There were trot poles, ground poles to back through, ground poles in a square to do a 360 in, cones to weave through, and a faux mailbox and ground pole.
I can't say that Libby and I completed the whole course...but we did work on some backing skills as well as lateral movements. Then we did some trot poles to end the session. She wasn't totally convinced that the ground poles were a good idea. We made it through going right, then she gave up on me going left. Just stopped. About 10 feet in front of the poles. Nope, don't wanna she said. Like she was frustrated and giving up. Circled aound...broke into a walk, but picked the trot back up for me just in front of the poles. Then the moment of decision. Do I call that good since she trotted over, or force the situation and try to "make" her trot over it? Me "making" Libby do anything is a joke. She would win every time. I decide to go for it. She trotted straight on down the line and through the poles without a bobble!! I was so proud of us :D Poor girl was sweating and huffing by the time we were done! (Of course we were dealing with 100% humidity too).
I think this was just after we went through the trot poles, she stopped on a dime right in the middle of the square from a trot. So I was telling her what a good girl she is!
And this next one isn't from yesterday, it's actually from last summer but I just got the disc of photo's from Kyle's sister in law. The kids had come over to have "pony" rides on Libby, and I jumped on real quick. Look at that trot! Now that I know she can do it I'm going to be expecting that trot all the time!

No comments:
Post a Comment