Saturday, May 9, 2009

I love my horse!

So, after a day of the universe conspiring against me...I decided I needed a stiff drink, chocolate, and some time with my pony, not necessarily in that order. While there was still a half hour of daylight I headed off to the barn. After a near collision I made it there, to discover that I had left Libby's halter and leadrope at home (after an emergency car cleaning). Foryunately I had stocked a spare halter, but still no lead rope. No worries.
I trekked out the the back nine, evidently where the best dusk grazing is...to retrieve the mare. She's so good, she just follows me along like a puppy dog, without me urging her on. Well we get about 1/2 way back, at the top of a rise, when I notice a chorus of chirupping noises coming from a boggy area. Hoping that they may be frogs, I start leaping downhill in pursuit, trying to convince Libby that she should follow. Well, of course Libby realizes the fruitlessness of the situation, and plants herself facing me to watch events transpire. After indulging me a few minutes of squealling "here froggy, froggy" she finally decides I've spent enough time on such frivolities, and it's time to commence onto the barn, and her dinner. So she knickers to me!! Swear to god. It was the cutest thing EVER!! I melted...

No comments:

Post a Comment